Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I order your CNY2018 collection?
- ONLINE – The collection will launch online at 9 a.m. on Friday, 19th January 2018.
- RETAIL STORE – The full collection will be available at The Elly Store from 9 a.m. on Saturday, 20th January 2018.
2. Where is your retail store?
#02-31/33, Cluny Court, 501 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259760.
Cluny Court is next to the Botanic Gardens MRT station on the Downtown line and Circle Line.) Watch our video for how to get to our store from the MRT station.
Parking at Cluny Court: There is a small car park inside Cluny Court. There are 2 more car parks nearby. Click on this link for information on parking at Cluny Court.
From 20th to 31st January 2018, we will have special CNY opening hours for your convenience:
- Mondays to Fridays: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Saturdays / Sundays: 9 a.m. – 8 p.m.
3. Is your collection ready for purchase or will there be pre-orders?
Yes, the collection will be ready for purchase on launch day. This year, our launch is later because we wanted to have our complete collection available for our launch so you could touch and feel our fabrics and our prints for yourselves before you purchase. It helps you make the best and quickest decision. We've endeavoured to give you as much information about our clothing as possible so that you can buy the right size. If you have purchased the wrong size online, you will be able to exchange for the correct size in the print you want as soon as possible before sizes run out. That is the reason why we have chosen not to do pre-orders - because pre-orders means that by the time you receive your order and discover it is the wrong size, the correct size may already be sold out and you are left without the piece you need. This is important to us because when you buy sibling sets in a particular print, we know the importance of getting the complete set in the correct sizes.
Do note that our polo tees and jersey collection may be slightly delayed but that shouldn't affect your mixing and matching of prints! We're working hard to get it to us by the launch date!
4. I have purchased your CNY2018 collection online. Can I opt for store collection?
Yes you may opt for store collection (no shipping code needed and it's free). You will be notified via email when your order is ready for collection in-store. We expect to take between 3 – 5 working days to pack your order.
5. I have purchased your CNY2018 collection online and have opted for Smartpac or courier delivery. When can I expect to receive my order?
We expect to pack your order within 3 - 5 working days from receipt of your order. You will receive a tracking number once the item is in the post or with the courier.
- Smartpac / International - Customers in Singapore will usually receive their packages within 3 business days after the package is in the post and international customers can expect to receive their packages within 7 – 10 business days after shipping.
- Standard courier - If you have selected standard courier, your delivery may arrive 1 to 3 business days from the day after it has been picked up by the courier. Delivery is at any time between 9 a.m. – 10 p.m..
- Express courier - If you have selected express courier, your delivery may arrive the day after it has been picked up by the courier at any time between 9 a.m. – 10 p.m..
Do note that our courier may experience delays during this peak season and may take up to an additional 2 working days to deliver your parcel. If you need your order urgently, please visit our store at Cluny Court to make your purchase.
6. Do you have an online launch promotion?
ONLINE - Just for the launch weekend from 9 a.m. on 19th - 22nd January 2018, you can enjoy 20% off our new Ladies Tops with a minimum spend of S$100. Use the code ELLYCNY2018 when you check out to enjoy this launch promotion.
7. Do you have a store launch promotion?
Yes we do! We're beyond excited about our CNY 2018 collection - it is our largest CNY collection to date. To celebrate its launch, as in previous years, we're having 3 in-store promotions:
- enjoy 20% off our new Ladies Top with a minimum spend of S$100;
- as a bonus, enjoy 15% off all shoes in-store with any purchase from our CNY2018 collection. You know else? We'll be launching our new collection of Native shoes from sizes C6 up to J6 (EU34) so come on shop for new shoes at the same time;
- last but definitely not the least, Tickle Your Sense and Stickiemail will be conducting Sensory Play and Sticker Making workshops on Launch Day! Look out for more details about our store launch event in the coming week.
8. How long do I have to complete my online order?
9. Can I amend or change my order after it has been made?
We try our best to pack your orders as soon as we get them to ensure it is processed and delivered promptly, which means we are unable to amend or cancel any orders after confirmation.
However, if you would like to exchange any items you have received, you can bring all full-priced items to the store to exchange within 14 days of date of purchase. Do read about our exchange policy below.
10. Do you allow exchanges once an online order is made?
Yes. Only for full-priced items.
- All exchanges must be made within 14 days of date of purchase and in-store with the item and invoice/receipt/gift receipt. All items must have all their tags on, must not have been used/worn or washed, and generally be in a re-saleable condition.
- Exchanges may be made for any item in-store (i.e. different size of the same item, or another item). Alternatively, you may also opt for store credits which must be used fully within 3 months from the date of issue.
- On the rare occasion that the full-priced item purchased is defective, we will first offer to swop the item for another piece of the same item. If that is unavailable, we will offer a full cash refund to you.
We do not offer exchanges or refunds on any sale/discounted item. Please check all purchases for defects carefully. Please note that if you are buying a sale item as a gift, the recipient will not be permitted to exchange the item.
11. Is the fabric material this year the same as the CNY2017 Pandas and Popsicles collection?
Whilst also 100% cotton, the fabric used this year is slightly thicker than the fabrics last year.
We've made sure that this year's fabric is less easy to crease compared to the gingko fabric from last year. They make for really nice family photos throughout the day!
Only our cold shoulder moms' dress is 100% rayon to allow a more flowy style.
12. Are the designs and cutting the same as the CNY2017 Pandas and Popsicles collection?
- Our flare cheongsam is shorter than previous years for sizes 6M and 9M. We have brought back size 6M this year.
- We've got a new drop-waist cheongsam designed especially for tweens. It is available in even ages i.e. 2 years, 4 years, 6 years, 8 years, 10 years and 12 years.
- Our mandarin-collared shirts are the same cutting as previous years and are now available in a new size 14 years.
- We've got new mandarin-collared polo shirts for boys and dads to twin.
- Our baby boy mandarin-collared romper has a new cutting with buttons all the way down the front for easy-wearing.
- We've got new colours of boys bermuda - the new colours are made in a lighter fabric this year.
- Our ladies tops are slightly smaller this year. The sizing seems closer to CNY2016. Our apologies for this change in measurement. If you are unsure of sizes, please come to the store to try.
- We've got a new cheongsam for moms with lace and cotton.
- Our cold shoulder girls dress has the same specs as the ones in our safari collection - we find the cutting slightly large and suggest buying a size down.
- We've got new matching cold shoulder dresses for moms to match your little girls!
- We've included a new jersey cheongsam for moms and daughters - we find this cut and material extremely flattering for moms so make sure you pop down to the store to try it on!
Please check all measurements carefully before you make your purchase.
13. Can we try the pieces before we order online?
If you’d like to try the clothing before purchase, we recommend that you drop by our store anytime from 9 a.m. on Saturday, 20th January 2018 once the collection is launched. Alternatively, please check the measurements of each item carefully before making your purchase online. We have included the measurements below.
14. Do you have the measurements of the collection?
The chest and length measurements will also be uploaded on our website when the collection is launched. Just click on the product you are interested in to check the flat lay measurements.
We would suggest comparing our flatlay specs against a dress or shirt your child is wearing now to see how the size compares. If you require any other measurement not already provided, it is best to go to the store to try on the outfit.
15. You have not answered my Facebook message / comment / email / call. When can I expect response?
We apologise that during peak season, we are unable to respond to queries regularly or on a timely basis. We will try our best to address all queries which have not been addressed in these FAQs as soon as possible. Please check these FAQs first to see if you can find your answers here! We will continue to update the FAQs regularly as we receive your queries.
16. I haven’t been able to purchase an item because it is sold out online. Will it be restocked online?
The item could have been placed in someone else’s shopping bag, and will remain reserved for up to one hour. Do refresh your cart and try again later. Alternatively, do send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to locate stock.
17. Do you have any stockists for your CNY2018 collection?
Yes. Part of our collection will be available at our stockists at the end of January. Details will be provided once available.
18. If I haven’t been able to purchase an item because it is sold out online, will I still be able to purchase it in-store?
We have set aside a complete set of the collection for the store launch on Saturday 20th January 2018. If you're trying to get a twinning set, we suggest coming by early to ensure that the sizes you need for all siblings are available.
19. What sizes are available for your outfits?
- Girls’ Cheongsam: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y, 6 y, 8 y, 10 y, 12 y
- Drop Waist Cheongsam: 2 y, 4 y, 6 y, 8 y, 10 y, 12 y, 14 y
- Cold Shoulder Lydia dress: 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y, 6 y, 8 y, 10 y, 12 y
- Flare Cheongsam: 3 months, 6 months, 9 months, 1 y
- Twinkle dress: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y
- Tinkerbell dress: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y
- Jersey Girls' Cheongsam: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y, 6 y, 8 y, 10 y, 12 y
- Baby boy mandarin-collared romper: 3 months, 6 months, 9 months
- Baby boy jersey romper: 3 months, 6 months, 9 months
- Mandarin-collared shirt: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y, 6 y, 8 y, 10 y, 12 y, 14 y
- Mandarin-collared boys' polo shirt: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y, 6 y, 8 y, 10 y, 12 y, 14 y
- Boys’ bermudas: 1 y, 2 y, 3 y, 4 y, 5 y, 6 y, 8 y, 10 y, 12 y
- Cheongsam Blouse: Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
- Cheongsam: Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
- Cold Shoulder Dress: Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
- Jersey Cheongsam: Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
- Mandarin-collared Polo Shirt: Small, Medium, Large, X-Large
20. How do we understand your sizing?
If your baby is an average 1 year old, we would recommend you order Size 1 Y if he/she is between 12 months and 18 months. If he/she is between 18 months and 24 months, you should order 2-3 Y. This is only an approximate guide. We would recommend that you check the measurements carefully. Our size labels may refer to 1 Y or 1-2 Y.
21. How do you care for the clothing?
We recommend cold hand wash with very mild detergent with similar colours. Rinse until water runs clear then gently wring out each garment before hanging. Do not soak, bleach or tumble dry.
22. Do you take reservations?
We apologise that we are unable to take reservations for our CNY2018 collection. Please purchase the items directly online or in-store.