Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I order your CNY2019 collection?
- Full Collection Available Online – 9 a.m. on Friday, 28th December 2018.
- Drop One of our collection will be available at The Elly Store from 9 a.m. on Saturday, 29th December 2018.
- Drop Two will be available at The Elly Store from 9 a.m. on Saturday, 5th January 2019.
Because our collection is so large this year, we have decided to split it up into two physical drops in our store. We're trying to make room for everyone to try on the cheongsams (especially for moms).
2. Where is your retail store?
#02-31/33, Cluny Court, 501 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259760.
Cluny Court is next to the Botanic Gardens MRT station on the Downtown line and Circle Line.) Watch our video for how to get to our store from the MRT station.
Parking at Cluny Court: There is a small car park inside Cluny Court. There are 2 more car parks nearby. Click on this link for information on parking at Cluny Court.
We will have special CNY launch opening hours at Cluny Court for your convenience over the weekend for Drop One:
- Saturday 29th Dec: 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- Sunday 30th Dec: 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Monday 31st Dec: 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
3. Is your collection ready for purchase or will there be pre-orders?
Yes, Drop One of the collection will be ready for purchase on 29th December 2018. The remainder will be available in Drop Two on 5th January 2019.
As per our previous years, we want to have our complete collection available for our launch so you can touch and feel our fabrics and our prints for yourselves before you purchase. It helps you make the best and quickest decision. We've endeavoured to give you as much information about our clothing as possible so that you can buy the right size. If you have purchased the wrong size online, you will be able to exchange for the correct size in the print you want as soon as possible, hopefully before sizes run out.
That is the main reason why we choose not to do pre-orders every year - because pre-orders usually means that by the time you receive your order and discover it is the wrong size, the correct size may already be sold out and you are left without the piece you need. This is especially important to us because we know how important it is to you to get the complete set in the correct sizes when you buy sibling or family sets in a particular print.
4. I have purchased your CNY2019 collection online. Can I opt for store collection?
We will only start packing online orders from 3rd January 2019. *Please note the change in date* If you need the items sooner, please head straight to the store on 29th December 2018 and 5th January 2019 for the respective drops.
Yes you may opt for store collection (no shipping code needed and it's free). You will be notified via email when your order is ready for collection in-store. We expect to take up to 5 working days to pack your order.
5. I have purchased your CNY2019 collection online and have opted for Smartpac or courier delivery in Singapore. When can I expect to receive my order?
We will only start packing orders from 3rd January 2019. *Please note the change in date* We expect to pack your order within 5 working days from receipt of your order. You will receive a tracking number once the item is in the post or with the courier.
Please factor in the time needed to pack your orders. Once the orders have been packed:
- Smartpac customers will usually receive their packages within 3 business days after the package is in the post.
- Standard courier customers can expect their parcels within 3 days after it has been picked up by the courier. Delivery is anytime between 9 a.m. to 10 p.m. We have changed courier companies to an expedited delivery during this peak period as we hope to get your parcels to you as soon as possible.
- International customers can expect to receive their packages within 10 business days after shipping.
Do note that our courier may experience delays during this peak season. If you need your order urgently, please visit our store at Cluny Court to make your purchase.
6. Do you have an online launch promotion?
ONLINE - From 9:00 a.m. on 28th December to 31st December 2018, enjoy 20% off our jersey family sets with the code ELLYCNY2019 when you check out.
7. Do you have a store launch promotion?
Yes we do! To celebrate the launch of our 2019 CNY collection, we will be having 3 in-store promotions from 29th December til 6th January 2019:
- enjoy 20% off our jersey family sets;
- as a bonus, enjoy 10% off all shoes in-store with any purchase from our CNY2019 collection; and
- get the chance to purchase one specially-customised limited edition Jo & Mink doll with every purchase of a lace cheongsam. These dolls will not be available online.
8. Can I amend or change my online order after it has been made?
We try our best to pack your orders as soon as we get them to ensure it is processed and delivered promptly, which means we are unable to amend or cancel any orders after confirmation.
However, if you would like to exchange any items you have received, you can bring all full-priced items to the store to exchange within 14 days of date of purchase. Do read about our exchange policy below.
9. Do you allow exchanges if sizes do not fit?
Yes. Only for full-priced items.
- All exchanges must be made within 14 days of date of purchase and in-store with the item and invoice/receipt/gift receipt. All items must have all their tags on, must not have been used/worn or washed, and generally be in a re-saleable condition.
- Exchanges may be made for any item in-store (i.e. different size of the same item, or another item). Alternatively, you may also opt for store credits which must be used fully within 3 months from the date of issue.
- On the rare occasion that the full-priced item purchased is defective, we will first offer to swop the item for another piece of the same item. If that is unavailable, we will offer a full cash refund to you.
We do not offer exchanges or refunds on any sale/discounted item. Please check all purchases for defects carefully. Please note that if you are buying a sale item as a gift, the recipient will not be permitted to exchange the item.
10. Is the fabric material this year the same as the "CNY2018 Eat, Play Love" collection?
Every year, we choose to work with 100% cotton for our kids' cheongsams, shirts and shorts because we believe these make the best clothes for CNY. We also continue to search each year for new 100% cotton fabrics to keep improving the quality for our customers.
This year, we will be using a softer cotton (still 100% cotton) for our collection compared to CNY2018 to keep you and your kids feeling relaxed and comfortable all day long! They also look great for family photos throughout the day!
Our three jersey family collections are made from a high quality fabric in 95% cotton and 5% elastane - this is the same fabric we use for our constellation baby collection. We want mommies and daddies to try them on to see how soft they are and feel for yourself the great quality fabrics your little babies are wearing.
Our elegant lace cheongsams for ladies and girls are made of beautiful lace with rayon lining to make the cheongsams both look and feel good.
Our classic ladies sleeveless cheongsams are made from rayon to allow a more flowy style.
11. Are there new designs for 2019?
- In typical CNY fashion with mandarin-collars, we have brought back our classic, flare and drop-waist cheongsams and rompers and shirts, from 3M-14Y for most pieces.
- Also back are our Jersey Cheongsam for ladies and girls with sporty twist: Available from S-XL and sizes 1-12Y.
- We're debuting our luxe twinning collection - The Lace Cheongsam for ladies and girls (Available in S-XL and available from sizes 1-14Y).
- We've got new colours of boys shorts in coral, mint and denim this year! We've brought back red and yellow (because yes, they do match just about all our CNY shirts).
We know how much kids like to be comfortable when they play so we've brought back our everyday summer wear in CNY prints:
- Our Alexis Summer Maxi Dress (available from sizes 3-12Y) and Sleeveless Dress (both available from sizes 1-12Y) from our Constellation collection will make a comeback in our CNY prints.
- We've also got a brand new design, the Gracie Dress, a new crossback dress with a twirly skirt. Available from sizes 1-12Y.
Please check all measurements carefully before you make your purchase.
In summary, our CNY 2019 collection will be our biggest collection ever!
- For girls, we have 12 different prints of cheongsam (8 in our classic A-line cut, 1 sleeveless waisted and 3 drop-waist), 3 lace cheongsams, 2 jersey cheongsams, 2 Alexis dresses, 2 Gracie dresses, 2 sleeveless dresses, and a jersey top!
- For baby girls, we have 6 flare cheongsams and 2 onesies.
- For ladies, we have 3 lace cheongsams, 4 printed cheongsams, 2 jersey cheongsams and a jersey top.
- For boys, we have 14 different prints of mandarin-collared shirts and 3 polo tees!
- For baby boys, we have 7 styles and prints of rompers.
- For men, we have 4 prints for shirts and 3 for polo tees.
12. Can we try the pieces before we order online?
If you’d like to try the clothing before purchase, we recommend that you drop by our store anytime from 9 a.m. on Saturday, 29th December 2018 once the collection is launched.
Alternatively, you can drop by Takashimaya Level 4 to try on a limited selection from 27th December 2018. A more complete selection will be available at Takashimaya from early January until 4th February 2019.
Please check the measurements of each item carefully before making your purchase online. We have included the measurements below.
13. Do you have the measurements of the collection?
The chest and length measurements will also be uploaded on our website when the collection is launched. Just click on the product you are interested in to check the flat lay measurements.
Our measurements are taken laid flat and are subjected to a 0.5" allowance. We would suggest comparing our flatlay specs against a dress or shirt your child is wearing now to see how the size compares. If you require any other measurement not already provided, it is best to go to the store to try on the outfit.
14. You have not answered my Facebook message / instagram DM / email / call. When can I expect response?
We apologise that during peak season, we are unable to respond to queries regularly or on a timely basis.
If you do have any questions, text us at our store mobile at +65 81516809.
We will prioritise all questions directed to our mobile and email (email@example.com).
We will try our best to address all queries which have not been addressed in these FAQs as soon as possible. Try not to message us on multiple channels. Please check these FAQs first to see if you can find your answers here! We will continue to update the FAQs regularly as we receive your queries.
15. I haven’t been able to purchase an item because it is sold out online. Will it be restocked online?
Sign up for a restock notification so we can assist to locate stock. Even if something is sold out, it may be restocked later if someone else returns that size when they exchange sizes. You might also try one of our other stockists.
16. Do you have any stockists for your CNY2019 collection?
Yes. Each of our stockists will stock selected prints from our CNY2019 collection. We aim to stock them by 7th January 2019.
112 East Coast Rd, #01-24/25 Singapore 428802
310 Orchard Road, Singapore 238864
1 Harborfront Walk, #01-187 Singapore 098585
17. If I haven’t been able to purchase an item because it is sold out online, will I still be able to purchase it in-store?
We have set aside a complete set of Drop One our CNY 2019 collection for the store launch on Sat, 29th December 2018 and of Drop Two on Sat, 5th January 2019.
If you're trying to get a twinning set, we suggest coming by early to ensure that the sizes you need for all siblings are available.
18. What sizes are available for your outfits?
19. How do we understand your sizing?
If your baby is an average 1 year old, we would recommend you order Size 1 Y if he/she is between 12 months and 18 months. If he/she is between 18 months and 24 months, you should order 2-3 Y. This is only an approximate guide. We would recommend that you check the measurements carefully.
20. How do you care for the clothing?
Cotton (with non-metallic prints) - We recommend cold hand wash with very mild detergent with similar colours. Rinse until water runs clear then gently wring out each garment before hanging. Do not soak, bleach or tumble dry.
Cotton (with metallic prints) - We recommend cold hand wash with very mild detergent with similar colours. Rinse until water runs clear then gently wring out each garment before hanging. Do not soak, bleach or tumble dry. Iron on reverse.
Lace - Dry clean recommended.
21. Do you take reservations?
We apologise that we are unable to take reservations for our CNY2019 collection. Please purchase the items directly online or in-store.
Leave a comment