Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I order your CNY2022 collection?
The full collection will launch online at 8 p.m. on Wed, 22nd Dec 2021. Selected pieces will be available in store for immediate purchase on 22nd Dec 2021.
The entire collection will be available for purchase in-store from end December (exact date to follow).
If you've any problems, please send us a whatsapp message at +65 9628 0338 (if you need to check stock availability at Cluny Court) or +65 9628 1037 (to reach us at the office regarding your online order).
2. Is your collection ready for purchase in-store?
While the entire CNY2022 collection will be available for purchase online on 22nd Dec 2021, part of the collection will be available in-store from 22nd Dec 2021. If you're looking for a specific print, do drop us a DM / email / whatsapp and we'll check if it's available in-store before you head down!
In order to minimise crowds at our store during this period, we highly encourage you to purchase online.
3. I have purchased your CNY2022 collection online. Can I opt for store collection or collect anywhere else?
Yes you can opt to collect from Cluny Court or 12 Lorong Bakar Batu (no shipping code needed and it's free). You will be notified via email when your order is ready for collection. Please wait for our email before you come down!
Our two collection points are:
1) The Elly Store
#02-31/33, Cluny Court, 501 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259760.
2) The Elly Office
#04-11, 12 Lorong Bakar Batu, Singapore 348745.
4. Where is your retail store?
The Elly Store is located at #02-31/33, Cluny Court, 501 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259760.
Cluny Court is next to the Botanic Gardens MRT station on the Downtown line and Circle Line.) Watch our video for how to get to our store from the MRT station.
Parking at Cluny Court: There is a small car park inside Cluny Court. There are 2 more car parks nearby at Botanic Gardens (near the Melati Gate) and Serene Centre. Click on this link for information on parking at Cluny Court.
You can also send us a whatsapp message at +65 9628 0338 if you need to check stock availability at Cluny Court before heading down!
In order to minimise crowds at our store, we highly encourage you to purchase online.
5. I have purchased your CNY2022 collection online and have opted for standard courier in Singapore. When can I expect to receive my order?
We expect to only begin packing orders from 27th Dec 2021 onwards.
Orders received from 22nd to 27th Dec 2021 will take longer to pack and we expect that it would take up to 10 working days to pack them. Once the orders have been packed, the following shipping times will apply:
(1) Standard courier: customers can expect their parcels within 3 days after it has been picked up by the courier. Delivery is anytime between 9 a.m. to 9 p.m..
(2) Express courier: customers can expect their parcels on the same day once the item is with the courier. Delivery is usually between 9 a.m. to 9 p.m..
(2) International customers can expect to receive their packages within 10-12 business days after shipping. We will do our best to expedite shipping your package out.
Do note that our courier may experience delays during this peak season. If you need your order urgently, please visit our store at Cluny Court to make your purchase.
6. Is there a launch promotion?
Online Launch Promotion:
Be the FIRST 30 to spend over S$300 with us online from 22nd to 25th Dec 21 and get our new reversible bucket hat absolutely free.
How to enjoy the promotion:
1) Add the bucket hat print + size in your cart
2) Use the code EARLYHAT22 at checkout to get your free hat.
7. Can I amend or change my online order after it has been made?
We try our best to pack your orders as soon as we get them to ensure it is processed and delivered promptly, which means we are unable to amend or cancel any orders after confirmation.
However, if you would like to exchange any items you have received, after you've received your item, you can bring all full-priced items to The Elly Store or to The Elly Office to exchange within 14 days of purchase. Do read about our exchange policy below.
8. Do you allow exchanges if sizes do not fit?
Yes. Only for full-priced items.
- All exchanges must be made within 14 days of date of purchase and in-store with the item and invoice/receipt/gift receipt. All items must have all their tags on, must not have been used/worn or washed, and be in a re-saleable condition.
- Exchanges may be made for any item in-store or at our office (i.e. different size of the same item, or another item altogether). Alternatively, you may also opt for store credits which must be used fully within 3 months from the date of issue.
- On the rare occasion that the full-priced item purchased is defective, we will first offer to swop the item for another piece of the same item. If that is unavailable, we will offer a full cash refund to you.
- We do not offer exchanges or refunds on any sale/discounted items. Please note that if you are buying a sale item as a gift, the recipient will not be permitted to exchange the item.
- If you have purchased from any of our stockists and would like to do an exchange, kindly head back to the stockist that you shopped from for the exchange. In this case, the stockists' exchange policy applies.
9. Is the fabric material this year the same as CNY2021?
We have used the same 100% cotton for our kids' cheongsams, mandarin-collared shirts, mandarin-collared rompers and shorts because we believe these make the most comfortable clothes for CNY.
This year, we've also introduced some new materials including a range of jersey cheongsams, dresses and polo tees in our popular jersey fabric (95% cotton, 5% spandex)!
10. Are there new designs for CNY2022?
(i) Yes, you can expect lots of new designs this year which we made specially to give longevity to our CNY collection. We hope your children will want to wear their favourite elly clothing long after CNY!
Look out for:
- a new Jersey Flare Cheongsam from 3M to 24M which can be worn comfortably as a dress post-CNY;
- a new Jersey Luna Cheongsam in 3Y to XS (14Y) which can be worn comfortably as a dress post-CNY;
- a new Madelyn Dress with a jersey top and pleated skirt in 3Y to XS (or 14Y) which the girls will love twirling around in;
- a new Nora Top in 4Y, 6Y, 8Y, 10Y, 12Y and XS (or 14Y) which is a tie front blouse for casual everyday wear;
- a new Amelia Top in 4Y, 6Y, 8Y, 10Y, 12Y and XS (or 14Y) which is a tie front blouse for CNY;
- a new Ivy Top in 4Y, 6Y, 8Y, 10Y, 12Y and XS (or 14Y) which is a flare jersey cotton blouse;
- a new Wendy Flare Skirt in 4Y, 6Y, 8Y, 10Y, 12Y and XS (or 14Y) with statement pockets;
- a new Penelope Pants in 6Y, 8Y, 10Y, 12Y and XS (or 14Y) with side pockets;
- a new Ladies Lace Cheongsam Blouse in S, M, L and XL;
- a new Ladies Myra Cheongsam in S, M, L and XL;
- a new Ladies Wrap Cheongsam in S, M, L and XL;
- a new Ladies Heidi Dress in S, M, L and XL;
- new colours of Charlie Shorts in Terracotta, Blue, Cream, Khaki, Teal and Red (12M to XS); and
- a new XXL size for our Mens collection (except for Mens Polo Tee in Fishing Tigers).
(ii) We have brought back old favourites such as our Classic A-Line / Flare / Twirly / Ella / Wrap Cheongsams, Baby Mandarin-collared Rompers and Mandarin-collared Shirts and Polo Tees, from 3M to 2Y for the baby collection and 3Y to XS for most of our kids' range.
(iii) We know how much kids like to be comfortable when they play so there will be everyday summer styles:
- our favourite styles for girls are coming back such as the Summer Dress (3Y to XS), Sleeveless Dress (3Y to XS) and Hayley Dress (2Y to XS); and
- our Little Man Shirts, Henley Tee and Classic Tees (sizes 12M to XS) with lots of styles for Dads to twin.
11. Can we try the pieces before we order online?
If you’d like to try the clothing before purchase, we recommend that you drop by our store once the entire collection is launched.
Alternatively, you can drop by any of our stockists to take a look from end December 2022. Each stockist will only hold a part of the collection due to space limitations. Please see our list of stockists below.
12. Do you have the measurements of the collection?
The chest and length measurements will be uploaded on our website when the collection is launched. Just click on the product you are interested in to check the flat lay measurements. You can use our product filter feature to see what's available in the size you're looking for!
Our measurements are taken laid flat and are subjected to a 0.5" allowance. We would suggest comparing our flat-lay specs against a dress or shirt your child is wearing currently to see how the size compares. If you require any other measurement not already provided, it is best to go to the store to try on the outfit before purchase.
Please check the measurements of each item carefully before making your purchase online.
13. What sizes are available for your outfits?
Please reach out to us via DM on Facebook, Instagram or via email and we'll send the size charts and style guides to you!
14. How do we understand your sizing?
If you prefer the clothes to be fitted for pictures during CNY, we recommend you order for the age they are at e.g. 12M size if they are 12M. If he/she is between 18 months and 24 months, you should order 2Y. This is only an approximate guide. We would recommend that you check the measurements carefully.
15. You have not answered my Facebook message / instagram DM / email / call. When can I expect response?
We apologise that during peak season, we are unable to respond to queries regularly or on a timely basis. Please check these FAQs first to see if you can find your answers here!
If you do have any questions, you can contact us via Facebook, Instagram, our store mobile (+65 9628 0338), our office mobile (+65 9628 1037) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Try not to message us on multiple channels as this may create confusion.
We will try our best to address all queries which have not been addressed in these FAQs as soon as possible. We will continue to update the FAQs regularly as we receive your queries.
16. I haven’t been able to purchase an item because it is sold out online. Will it be restocked online?
- Sign up for a restock notification so we can assist to locate stock. Even if something is sold out, it may be restocked later if someone else does a size swap.
- Drop us an email (email@example.com) so we can assist to locate stock.
- You might also try visiting one of our stockists to see if they have stock (see list below).
17. Do you have any stockists for your CNY2022 collection?
Yes. Each of our stockists will carry selected prints from our CNY2022 collection. We aim to stock them all with these selected prints by 1 Jan 2022.
Motherswork Great World City (up to 6 years)
1 Kim Seng Promenade, 02-16, Singapore 237994
Takashimaya Kids Dept Level 4
391A Orchard Rd, Singapore 238873
TANGS at TANG Plaza Level 2
310 Orchard Road, Singapore 238864
TANGS at Vivocity Kids Department Level 1
1 Harbourfront Walk, #01-187 Singapore 098585
18. If I haven’t been able to purchase an item which sold out online, will I still be able to purchase it later on?
There will not be a second delivery of our CNY collection.
But if you're trying to get a twinning set, do drop us a message and we'll do our best to locate the missing sizes for you from our stockists or our store at Cluny! We know how important it is to secure all pieces in your twinning set and will do our best to help!
19. How do you care for the clothing?
Cotton (with non-metallic prints) without added tassels or trims - We recommend cold hand wash with mild non-organic detergent with similar colours. Rinse until water runs clear then wring out each garment until very dry before hanging. Do not soak, bleach or tumble dry.
Jersey Cotton (with non-metallic prints) - Machine Wash as above
Lace - Dry clean recommended.
Do send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any other questions!