Top Scent by Sentosphere is a multiplayer game rich in discovery with a simple concept, to be the first to recognise the fruit smell and find them in the cards!
The scents are expertly developed by a perfumer and produced in Yvelines, France, with only 100% natural materials. They are made to mimic nature and encourage young ones to get in touch with the nuances of odours. Parents can encourage young ones to associate a smell with a memory or person. (Magnolia? Mom!) This game will leave an impression on them for sure.
How to play:
To be the winner of this fun olfactory and educational game, you will need to:
- Smell a smell capsule (all players smell the same one) and try to recognise the fruit it represents without revealing the answer to the other players.
- Through the dice to know how many times you will need to find that specific fruit in the cards.
- Each player draws the first card of his deck clockwise in a pile at the center of the table.
- Once the recognised fruit or vegetable appears the number of times indicated on the dice, top the cards!
- The first to top wins the entire stack! The winner is the one with the most cards at the end of the game.
Smells present in the game: Pineapple, Blackcurrant, Strawberry, Raspberry, Lemon, Orange, Peanut, Coconut, Apple, Banana, Melon
Each diffuser lasts for a minimum of 2 years but may last for much longer if you close them after each use with the right cap. Keep this game far from a heat source.
- Somebody that is not used to using their nose may find that olfactory recognition can be hard. However, we guarantee you that with a little training, it will become very easy!
- Our first tip is to try and categorise the smell: is it sugary? salty? fruity? flowery? Woody? etc.
- Our second tip is to try and remember what that smell makes you think of. Actually, our sense of smell is the one that is the most linked to our memory! A simple smell can make you think of a season (strawberries in summer), a person (grandma’s lemon smell), a favourite dish (curry), a yogurt flavour, a cream fragrance, a place, etc. Making this link will automatically help to put a name on the smell you are trying to recognise.
The box includes:
- 12 smell capsules;
- 96 cards;
- 1 dice; and
- 1 set of instructions.
Recommended for ages 6 and up. For 2 to 6 players.
Box dimensions: 23.5 x 23.5 x 3.5 cm