Summer Dress - Red Kintsugi is a new print from the Elly CNY2021 "One World, One Family" collection. This maxi style is a favourite with all who love to twirl!
This print is inspired by the philosophy behind kintsugi, the Japanese art of fixing broken pottery by emphasizing, not hiding, the brokenness and to create something even more beautiful. We drew inspiration from the pottery creations - that use lacquer mixed with powdered gold to fill the cracks, to create our own fabric print. For our prints, we've incorporated Chinese New Year icons to join the cracks instead.
Made of our soft breathable cotton so you can be comfortable wearing it all day.
Did you know...
Rather than rejoining pieces with a camouflaged adhesive, the Kintsugi technique employes a special tree sap lacquer dusted with powdered gold, silver or platinum. As a philosophy, it treats breakage and repair as part of the history of the object, revitalising it with a new look. (Source: Extracts from My Modern Met.)
Shop our family twinning options for Chinese New Year:
Babies (under 2Y):
- Mandarin-collared Romper - Teal Kintsugi
- Flare Cheongsam - Red Kintsugi
- Elena Cheongsam - Teal Kintsugi
- Twirly Cheongsam - Red Kintsugi
- Ella Cheongsam - Teal Kintsugi
- Abigail Dress - Teal Kintsugi
- Little Man Shirt - Teal Kintsugi
- Mandarin-collared shirt - Red Kintsugi
- Mens Shirt - Teal Kintsugi
- 100% cotton
- No zips or buttons. Adjustable shoulder strap length
- Do not soak, bleach or dry clean
- Cold hand wash with similar colours and mild detergent
||Length without straps (cm)
Our measurements are taken laid flat and are subjected to a 0.5" allowance.
*Model is 6 years 4 months old, 109 cm tall and 17 kg. She wears 6Y.