Mandarin-collared Kori Dress - Paisley Lion King is a new print from the Disney x Elly CNY2021 "One World, One Family" collection. Can you spot Pumbaa and Simba?
Our Paisley Lion King print brings together inspiration from Africa and Europe - animals from the African savannah blending beautifully with the patterned cloth popular in Europe in the 18th and 19th centuries. While synoymous with the Scottish town Paisley that famously produced the tear-drop shaped pattern, the motif has origins in India and Persia, which shows how connected the whole world is.
Made from our soft breathable cotton so you can be comfortable wearing it all day.
Did you know...
Paisleys refers to a patterned cloth inspired by an ancient Persian design of curved, teardrop shapes in many different colours. The pattern became very popular in Europe during the 18th and 19th centuries and its English name comes from the town in southwest Scotland where the cloth was produced. (Source: Macmillan Dictionary Blog)
Shop our family twinning options for Chinese New Year:
Babies (under 2Y):
- Mandarin-collared Romper - Paisley Lion King
- Summer Dress - Paisley Lion King
- Twirly Cheongsam - Paisley Lion King
- Mandarin-collared shirt - Paisley Lion King
- Mens Mandarin-collared Shirt - Paisley Lion King
- 100% cotton
- Do not soak, bleach or dry clean
- Cold hand wash with similar colours and mild detergent.
- Wring til very dry before hanging.
- Back zip for easy wearing
Our measurements are taken laid flat and are subjected to a 0.5" allowance.
*Model is 12 months old, 72 cm tall and 9.7 kg. She wears 12M.