We are moving to a new office soon! There may be delays in sending out orders received between 15 - 23 April.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
1. How do I order your CNY2021 collection?
It will launch online at 9 p.m. on Friday, 1st January 2021. The entire collection is available now available for purchase in store.
2. Is your collection ready for purchase in store?
The entire CNY2021 collection will be available for purchase online on 1st Jan 2021. We will only begin packing orders from 6th Jan onwards.
The entire collection is available now available for purchase in store from 8th January 2021. In order to minimise crowds at our store, we highly encourage you to purchase online.
3. I have purchased your CNY2021 collection online. Can I opt for store collection?
Yes you may opt for store collection (no shipping code needed and it's free). You will be notified via email when your order is ready for collection in-store. Please wait for our email before you come down!
Orders received from 1st - 7th Jan 2021 will take longer to pack and we expect to take up to 10 working days to send them out.
Your patience will be greatly appreciated during this launch.
4. Where is your retail store?
The Elly Store is located at #02-31/33, Cluny Court, 501 Bukit Timah Road, Singapore 259760.
Cluny Court is next to the Botanic Gardens MRT station on the Downtown line and Circle Line.) Watch our video for how to get to our store from the MRT station.
Parking at Cluny Court: There is a small car park inside Cluny Court. There are 2 more car parks nearby at Botanic Gardens (near the Melati Gate) and Serene Centre. Click on this link for information on parking at Cluny Court.
In order to minimise crowds at our store, we highly encourage you to purchase online.
5. I have purchased your CNY2021 collection online and have opted for standard courier in Singapore. When can I expect to receive my order?
We expect to pack them within 10 working days.
Once the orders have been packed, the following shipping times will apply:
(1) Standard courier: customers can expect their parcels within 3 days after it has been picked up by the courier. Delivery is anytime between 9 a.m. to 9 p.m..
(2) Express courier: customers can expect their parcels on the same day once the item is with the courier. Delivery is usually between 9 a.m. to 9 p.m..
(2) International customers can expect to receive their packages within 10-12 business days after shipping.
Do note that our courier may experience delays during this peak season. If you need your order urgently, please visit our store at Cluny Court to make your purchase.
6. Is there a launch promotion?
(1) If you’ve shopped our CNY2021 collection, enjoy 10% off all shoes IN-STORE when you bring your launch receipt to our Cluny Court store to shop between 2nd Jan 2021 and 17th Jan 2021.
This promo is valid if you show us your online or store purchase receipt of our CNY2021collection. This does not include receipts from our stockists.
(2) Share your loot on social media and one winner will get your purchase entirely paid for by us! Follow us on Facebook or Instagram and tag us on your posts / Instastories (your profile has to be public for us to view the post). We will announce the winner on 1st February 2021. Good Luck!
7. Can I amend or change my online order after it has been made?
We try our best to pack your orders as soon as we get them to ensure it is processed and delivered promptly, which means we are unable to amend or cancel any orders after confirmation.
However, if you would like to exchange any items you have received, once you've received your item, you can bring all full-priced items to the store to exchange within 14 days of purchase. Do read about our exchange policy below.
8. Do you allow exchanges if sizes do not fit?
Yes. Only for full-priced items.
- All exchanges must be made within 14 days of date of purchase and in-store with the item and invoice/receipt/gift receipt. All items must have all their tags on, must not have been used/worn or washed, and be in a re-saleable condition.
- Exchanges may be made for any item in-store (i.e. different size of the same item, or another item). Alternatively, you may also opt for store credits which must be used fully within 3 months from the date of issue.
- On the rare occasion that the full-priced item purchased is defective, we will first offer to swop the item for another piece of the same item. If that is unavailable, we will offer a full cash refund to you.
- We do not offer exchanges or refunds on any sale/discounted items. Please check all purchases for defects carefully. Please note that if you are buying a sale item as a gift, the recipient will not be permitted to exchange the item.
- If you have purchased from any of our stockists and would like to do an exchange, kindly head back to the stockist that you shopped from for the exchange. In this case, stockists' exchange policy applies.
9. Is the fabric material this year the same as CNY2020?
Yes, we have used the same 100% cotton for our kids' cheongsams, shirts and shorts (or 95% / 5% spandex for jerseys) because we believe these make the best clothes for CNY.
This year, we've also introduced some new materials including a range of rayon textile in order to achieve a nice drape on our new Anna Maxi Dress style and the Little Man Shirts and used a new bamboo cotton for our Pyjama Sets.
10. Are there new designs for CNY2021?
(i) Yes, you can expect lots of new designs this year which we made specially to give longevity to our CNY prints. We hope your children will want to wear their favourite elly clothing long after CNY!
Look out for:
- a new Elena Cheongsam from 3M to 24M which can be worn as a dress post-CNY;
- a new Kori Cheongsam in 3M to 24M - a versatile style which can be worn as a top with leggings as baby grows taller;
- a new Petal Cheongsam in 3M to 24M with a colour accent on the hem;
- a new Mila Cheongsam in 3Y to XS with a colour accent on the hem, in a drop waist cutting which is popular with tweens;
- a new Wrap Cheongsam in 3Y to XS with a plain pleated skirt for a maximum twirl. This was designed with tweens in mind;
- a new Abigail Dress in 3Y to XS. This dress is designed to allow you to see all the beautiful feathers on the Donald & Daisy print without buttons down the front to distract from the print. The design feature is a overlap crossback for more movement in the dress;
- a new Anna Dress in 3Y to XS with a semblance of a mandarin-collar with a great twirl;
- a new Celine Dress in 3Y to XS - a two-tier twist on our Talia design;
- a new Anna Dress for ladies (S to XL). Great for hiding baby bumps (or food bumps!);
- a new Ella Cheongsam in 3Y to XS - the version of the Baby Elena Cheongsam for older kids;
- a new fit on our 2-way Camisole Top for ladies for sizes M and L;
- new colours of Charlie Shorts in Cherry Red, Rose, Light Blue (looks closer to Teal); Pigeon Blue (12M to XS).
(ii) We have brought back our Classic / Flare / Twirly Cheongsams and Rompers and Shirts, from 3M to 2Y for the baby collection and 3Y to XS for most of our kids range.
(iii) We know how much kids like to be comfortable when they play so there will be everyday summer styles:
- our favourite tween styles for girls - Summer Dress (3Y to XS) and Hayley Dress (2Y to XS); and
- many prints in our Little Man Shirts (sizes 12M to XS) for casual wear as well.In summary:
- For baby girls, we have 3 Flare Cheongsams, 2 Petal Cheongsams, 2 Elena Cheongsams, 2 Kori Dresses, 2 Olivia Dresses and 2 Piper Dresses.
- For baby boys, we have 5 Mandarin-collared Rompers and 3 Sleeveless Rompers.
- For girls, we have 10 Cheongsams (2 in our classic A-line cut, 2 in a new drop waist cutting, 2 twirly, 2 flutter sleeve, 2 wrap), 2 Summer Dresses, 2 Abigail Dresses, 2 Anna Dresses, 2 Celine Dresses and 1 Hayley Dress!
- For ladies, we have 2 Anna Dresses, 2 Camisole Tops and 2 new Boxy Tops.
- For boys, we have 8 Mandarin-collared Shirts, 6 Little Man Shirts and 4 Charlie Shorts!
- For men, we have 4 Mandarin-collared Shirts and 4 Collared Shirts!
11. Can we try the pieces before we order online?
If you’d like to try the clothing before purchase, we recommend that you drop by our store once the entire collection is launched.
Alternatively, you can drop by any of our stockists to take a look from mid January 2021. Each stockist will only hold a part of the collection due to space limitations. Please see our list of stockists below.
12. Do you have the measurements of the collection?
The chest and length measurements will also be uploaded on our website when the collection is launched. Just click on the product you are interested in to check the flat lay measurements.
Our measurements are taken laid flat and are subjected to a 0.5" allowance. We would suggest comparing our flat-lay specs against a dress or shirt your child is wearing now to see how the size compares. If you require any other measurement not already provided, it is best to go to the store to try on the outfit before purchase.
Please check the measurements of each item carefully before making your purchase online.
13. What sizes are available for your outfits?
14. How do we understand your sizing?
If your baby is an average-sized 12M, we would recommend you order Size 12M if he/she is between 12 months and 18 months if you prefer the clothes to be fitted. If he/she is between 18 months and 24 months, you should order 2Y. This is only an approximate guide. We would recommend that you check the measurements carefully.
15. You have not answered my Facebook message / instagram DM / email / call. When can I expect response?
We apologise that during peak season, we are unable to respond to queries regularly or on a timely basis. Please check these FAQs first to see if you can find your answers here!
If you do have any questions, you can contact us via Facebook, Instagram, our store mobile (+65 8151 6809 - Whatsapp Only) our office mobile (+65 8132 0551) or email (email@example.com).
Try not to message us on multiple channels as this may create confusion.
We will try our best to address all queries which have not been addressed in these FAQs as soon as possible. We will continue to update the FAQs regularly as we receive your queries.
16. I haven’t been able to purchase an item because it is sold out online. Will it be restocked online?
- Sign up for a restock notification so we can assist to locate stock. Even if something is sold out, it may be restocked later if someone else does a size swap.
- Drop us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) so we can assist to locate stock.
- You might also try visiting one of our stockists to see if they have stock (see list below).
17. Do you have any stockists for your CNY2021 collection?
Yes. Each of our stockists will carry selected prints from our CNY2021 collection. We aim to stock them all by 12th January 2021.
Motherswork Great World City (up to 6 years)
1 Kim Seng Promenade, 02-16, Singapore 237994
Takashimaya Kids Dept Level 4
391A Orchard Rd, Singapore 238873
TANGS at TANG Plaza Level 2
310 Orchard Road, Singapore 238864
TANGS at Vivocity Kids Department Level 1
1 Harbourfront Walk, #01-187 Singapore 098585
18. If I haven’t been able to purchase an item which sold out during the online launch on 1st January 2021, will I still be able to purchase it later on?
If you're trying to get a twinning set, do drop us a message and we'll do our best to locate the missing sizes for you! We know how important it is to secure all pieces in your twinning set and will do our best to help!
19. How do you care for the clothing?
Cotton (with non-metallic prints) without added tassels or trims - We recommend cold hand wash with very mild non-organic detergent with similar colours. Rinse until water runs clear then wring out each garment until very dry before hanging. Do not soak, bleach or tumble dry.
Lace - Dry clean recommended.
20. Do you take reservations?
We apologise that we are unable to take reservations for our CNY2021 collection. Please purchase the items directly online or in-store.
Do send us an email at email@example.com if you have any other questions!
Comments will be approved before showing up.